Prof. Iffat Hassan – India
Head of the Department
Postgraduate Department of Dermatology,Sexually Transmitted Diseases &Leprosy (University of Kashmir), Government Medical College Srinagar(University of Kashmir), J&K, India.
Phone no. 91-9419077667, 91-194-2441884
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SERVICE PARTICULARS
– SCHOOLING: Presentation Convent Higher Secondary School, Srinagar
– PRE-MEDICAL: Govt.College of Women,M.A.Road,Srinagar
– MBBS (GMC, Srinagar, INDIA): 1985-1990.
– HOUSE JOB (Deptt of Dermatology, STD & Leprosy, GMC Srinagar): 1991-1992.
– POSTGRADUATION: MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology) – PGI-Chandigarh, India: 1993-1996
– REGISTRAR: Deptt of Dermatology, STD & Leprosy, GMC Srinagar: 1996-1998
– LECTURER: Deptt of SKIN& STD, SKIMS Medical College, Bemina, Srinagar, Kashmir, J&K, India: 1999-2000 (First Head of the Deptt and started this Deptt. For this time).
– LECTURER: Deptt. of Dermatology, STD & Leprosy, GMC Srinagar, J&K, India: 2000-2003.
– ASSISTANT PROFESSOR: Deptt of Dermatology, STD & Leprosy, GMC Srinagar: 2003-2010
– ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR: Deptt of Dermatology, STD & Leprosy, GMC Srinagar: 2010-2013
– PROFESSOR: Deptt of Dermatology, STD & Leprosy, GMC Srinagar: April 2013 onwards
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL BODIES:
? Indian Association of Dermatology, Venereologists & Leprologists
? Indian Association of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
? Indian Association of Leprosy
? Indian Medical Association
? International Women’s Dermatology Society
? Pigmentary Disorders Society
? Nail Society of India
? Indian Doctors for Peace & Development
CORE FOUNDER MEMBER – Pigmentary Disorders Society of India
TASK FORCE MEMBER – Special Interest Group of Dermatology Nursing, Indian Association of Dermatologists,Venereologists & Leprologists.
TASK FORCE MEMBER – Special Interest Group of Pediatric genodermatosis, Indian Association of Dermatologists,Venereologists & Leprologists
REVIEWER OF THE FOLLOWING JOURNALS:
Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology; Indian Journal of Dermatology; Indian Journal of Pediatric Dermatology; Our Dermatology Online
EDITORIAL BOARD MEMBER OF FOLLOWING JOURNALS:
Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology; Our Dermatology Online (an International journal); Kashmir Medical Journal
? “Systemic sclerosis – Current concepts” at 36th National Conference of the Indian Association of Dermatologists, Venereologists and Leprologists,Chandigarh (Jan 2008).
? “Ageing of skin: a dermatologist’s approach in the modern era” at 4th JK Science Congress,University of Kashmir, J&K (Nov 2008).
? “Neurocutaneous disorders – an overview” at Neuro Update Kashmir, J&K (2009).
? “What are Scars?”National Workshop-cum-Conference of Association of Cutaneous Surgeons of India, Srinagar (Oct 2009).
? “ Melasma: Is it still a challenge for the dermatologist” at 5th JK Science Congress at University of Kashmir, J&K (Nov 2010).
? “Hypertrophic keloids and scars – how to minimise” at Spring Meeting of the ISDS (International Society for Dermatologic Surgery) held at Delhi in April 2012.
? “Etiological factors in Melasma” at the5th Asian Society of Pigment Cell Research Congress, New Delhi (Nov.2012).
? “Pathogenesis of melasma revisited: Why is the treatment still elusive ?” at 1st Pigmentarycon(conference of Pigmentary Disorders Society of INDIA at Goa (July 2013).
? Various lectures taken on Sexually Transmitted Infections as resource person from time to time in the Deptt. of Community Medicine GMC Srinagar and one at SKIMS.
? “Understanding STIs/RTIs” in Govt. Lalla Ded Hospital in December 2012.
SESSIONS CHAIRED AT
? National Workshop-cum-Conference of Association of Cutaneous Surgeons of India, Srinagar (Oct 2009).
? 11th Asia-Pacific Environmental and Occupational Dermatology Symposium (APEODS) and 3rd Contact and Occupational Dermatoses Forum of India (CODFI), OCTOBER 2011.
? Golden Jubilee CME “ Dermatology Update” Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research,Chandigarh (Mar 2013).
? Plenary session at 39th Regional Conference of Indian Association of Dermatologists, Venereologists and Leprologists, Banur Chandigarh (Sep 2013).
? ONYCHOCON 2013 (2nd National Conference on Nail Society of India,) New Delhi (Nov 2013).
? 1st, 2nd and 3rd Postgraduate Research Presentation,Government Medical College, Srinagar, J&K (2011, 2012 & 2013).
She has around 177 research publications to her credit published and accepted in standard indexed national and international journals and the significant publications in the year 2013 published in numerous national & international journals have been:
1. Iffat Hassan, Parvaiz Anwar Rather, Yasmeen Jabeen, Zubair Abdullah Wani, Nuzhat un Nisa , Umar Yaseen, Farhan Rasool.Preliminary experience of patch testing at Srinagar.Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology.2013;79:813-6
2. Iffat Hassan, Parvaiz Anwar.Pediatric Dermatological Emergencies: An overview.Journal of Pediatric Sciences. 2013;5: e198
3.Iffat Hassan, Gousia Sheikh, Zubair Abdullah,Shazia Jeelani, Abid Keen Hair transplantation in cicatricial alopecia – A preliminary report .Journal of the Turkish Academy of Dermatology. 2013;7(4):1374a1.
4. Iffat Hassan, Peerzada Sajad, Ruby Reshi…Histopathological analysis of cutaneous changes due to Kangri use in Kashmiri population: A hospital based study.Indian Journal of Dermatology.2013;58(3):188-190.
5. Iffat Hassan, Syed Mubashir, Zubair Abdullah, Peerzada Sajad, Parvaiz Anwar, Gousia Sheikh, Abdul Sami, Atiya Yaseen..Autologous noncultured epidermal cell suspension in case of resistant segmental vitiligo: a preliminary study.Journal of Pakistan Association of Dermatologists 2013;23 (2):190-193
6. Iffat Hassan, Abid Keen, Sabiya Majid, Tehseen Hassan..Evaluation of the antioxidant status in patients of lichen planus in Kashmir valley – A hospital based study.Journal of Saudi Society of Dermatology & Dermatologic Surgery.2013;17:13-16.
7.Iffat Hassan, Shazia Jeelani, Abid Keen, Mashkoor Wani..Classical fusiform excision of melanocytic nevi: Our experience.Our Dermatology Online.2013;4(2):153-156.
8. Iffat Hassan, Peerzada Sajad, Sabiya Majid, Tehseen Hassan. Serum antioxidant status in patients with systemic sclerosis.Indian Journal of Dermatology.2013;58(3):239.
9.Iffat Hassan, Taseer Bhat, Hinah Altaf, Farah Sameem, Qazi Masood..Role of oral zinc sulphate in warts-a placebo controlled, single-blinded study.Our Dermatology Online.2013;4(1)24-27.
10. Iffat Hassan, Sajjad Hussain, Abid Keen, Tehseen Hassan, Sabiya Majid. Evaluation of the antioxidant status in vitiligo patients in Kashmir valley: A hospital based study.Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology.2013;79(1):100-101.
11. Syed Mubashir, Iffat Hassan, Peerzada Sajad, Zubair Abdullah, Gousia Sheikh. Efficacy of catgut as a modality of treatment in case of acne scars: A pilot study.Journal of Saudi Society of Dermatology & Dermatologic Surgery.2013;17:17-19.
12. Mohammad Abid Keen, Iffat Hassan, Mohammad Hayat Bhat..A clinical study of cutaneous manifestations of hypothyroidism in Kashmir valley.Indian Journal of Dermatology.2013;58:326.
13. Iffat Hassan, Konchok Dorjay, Abdul Sami, Parvaiz Anwar.Sunscreens and antioxidants as photoprotective measures: An update.Our Dermatology Online. 2013; 4(3): 369-374.
14. Iffat Hassan, Parvaiz A Rather.Emergency dermatology and need of Dermatological Intensive Care Unit (DICU)..Journal of Pakistan Association of Dermatologists.2013;23(1):71-82.
15. Iffat Hassan, Peerzada Sajad..Blistering Disorders: A Multispeciality Problem.Journal of Turkish Academy of Dermatology.2013;7(1):137.
16. Iffat Hassan, Mashkoor Ahmad, Sajjad Hussain, Qazi Masood.Papuloerythroderma of Ofuji – A case report.Journal of Pakistan Association of Dermatologists. 2013;23(1):103-105.
17. Iffat Hassan, Parvaiz Anwar Rather, Gousia Sheikh, Saima Aleem.Lichen planus pigmentosus in a 3 year old Kashmiri boy: Rare presentation.Iffat Hassan, Parvaiz Anwar Rather, Gousia Sheikh, Saima AleemJournal of Saudi Society of Dermatology & Dermatologic Surgery. 2013;17:21-23.
18. Iffat Hassan, Mohammad Abid Keen..Severe generalized recessive dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa (Hallopeau Siemens) – a case report.Journal of Pediatric Sciences. 2013;5:90.
19. Piotr Brzezinski, Iffat Hassan, Anca Chiriac, Ahmad Thabit Sinjab. Dermatology Eponyms – Sign – Lexicon (I).Our Dermatology Online.2013;4(2):256-259.
20. Zubair Abdullah, Qazi Masood, Iffat Hassan, Omar Kirmani..Hormonal profile and polycystic ovaries in women with acne vulgaris.Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology.2013;79(3):422-424.
21. Iffat Hassan, Parvaiz Anwar Rather, Saima Aleem. Angiokeratoma corporis diffusum without systemic features in a young Kashmiri female: a rare occurrence. Journal of Pakistan Association of Dermatologists 2013;23 (3):327-330.
22. Mohammad Abid Keen, Iffat Hassan.Cutaneous metastasis of an advanced prostate cancer.Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology.2013;79
23.Umar Yaseen, Iffat Hassan.Prevalence of various skin disorders in schoolgoing children of Kashmir valley of North India:A cross?sectional study. Indian J Paediatric Dermatology 2013;14:67-72.
24.Parvaiz Anwar Rather, Iffat Hassan. Blue rubber bleb nevus in zosteriform pattern: a rare case report.Journal of Pakistan Association of Dermatologists 2013;23 (3):338-340.
25. Kaiser Ahmed, Atiya Yaseen, Iffat Hassan, Parvaiz A Shah. Sturge- Weber syndrome with bilateral nevus flemmus. Indian J Paediatric Dermatology 2013;14:79-82
26.Iffat Hassan,Samia Aleem.Gousia Sheikh,Parvaiz Anwar.Biologics in Dermatology:A Brief Review.British Journal of Medical Practitioners;2013;6(4):a629.
27. Parvaiz Anwar Rather, Iffat Hassan..Blaschkoid lichen planus in an adult Kashmiri male: A rare presentation. Our Dermatology Online. 2013;4(2):179- 182.
BOOKS PUBLISHED/BOOK CHAPTERS WRITTEN
1.Authored a book entitiled “A clinical synopsis and color atlas of Skin Tumors” published by Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers(P)Ltd, Delhi.
2. Written a book chapter entitled”Epidemiology of Vitiligo” in the “Textbook of Pigmentary Disorders published by Jaypee Brothers.
Comments are closed.