Prof. Vladimír Hegyi, MD., PhD. – Slovakia
Dermatovenerology on Medical School of Slovak Medical University Bratislava.
1. Graduation at the Medical School, Comenius University in Bratislava (diploma of Medical Doctor – 1973).
2. Diploma of Dermatology (1979).
3. MD degree (1982).
4. PhD thesis "Argon laser therapy for some dermatoses" (1991).
5. Special course The Laser Workshop and Tutorial for the laser therapy in La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland (1996).
6. Certificate for the use of the phototherapy, photochemotherapy and laser therapy (1997).
7. Associate Professor – thesis “The diagnostic and therapeutic practicability of light in dermatovenerology” on Medical School, Comenius University (1998).
8. Specialization in the medical immunology (1998).
9. Hosting professor of Dermatovenerology on Medical School of Slovak Medical University Bratislava (since 2005).
1. Dept. of Dermatology in the Military Hospital Ružomberok, Slovak Republic (1973).
2. Lecturer and Senior Lecturer at the Medical School, Comenius University, Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology (1974-1977).
3. Senior Lecturer at the Medical School, Comenius University, Department of Pediatric Dermatovenerology, Children Hospital in Bratislava (1977-1998).
4. Associate Professor at the Medical School, Comenius University, Department of Pediatric Dermatovenerology, Children Hospital in Bratislava (since 1998).
5. Employed with the Ministry of Public Health, Kuwait in the Dermatology Department, PUVA Unit, Al-Sabah Hospital. Responsibility for the PUVA Unit (photo- and photochemotherapy, including laser treatment) (1983-1989).
6. Visiting professor for a 1-month stay in Dermatology Department, Hamad Medical Corporation, Qatar (1998).
7. Besides taking care of the patients I am teaching medical students and I am involved in scientific research programs in dermatovenerology (immunology, photobiology, dermatosurgery).
Membership in scientific societies
1. Secretary General of the Slovak Dermatovenerological Society (1999 – 2002)
2. Board member of the Slovak Dermatovenerological Society (2003 – )
3. Founder and president of the Photobiology Section of the Slovak Dermatovenerological Society (since 2001)
4. Founder of “Euro Melanoma Day” campaign in Slovak Republic (since 2004)
5. Board member for certification in dermatovenerology of the Slovak Medical University
6. Member of the EDF (European Dermatology Forum) (since 2002)
7. Board member of the EBDV – UEMS (European Board of Dermatovenerology) (since 2003)
8. Member of the EADV (European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology)
9. Member of the German Society of Dermatology
10. Board member of the Alpe-Adria-Danube Society for STI and Skin Infections (until 2003)
11. Board member of the I.U.S.T.I.– Europe (International Union against Sexually Transmit-ted Infections) (until 2003)
12. Member of the Kuwait Society of Dermatologists (1988 – 1989)
13. Deputy editor of the „Česko-Slovenská dermatologie“ journal
14. Scientific board member of the „Skin Research and Technology“ journal
15. Editorial board member of the „Terapia“ journal
16. Bestows Honorary Membership of Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Society of the Uni-versity of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (2006)
1. 6 monographs
2. 162 scientific papers
3. 147 scientific lectures
4. 154 citations in scientific journals
5. 65 SCI citations
6. 16 Medline citations